Saturday, September 25, 2010

Insomniacs R Us

At first I thought it was just me, but apparently our entire household decided it was too nice of a night to waste on silly tasks like sleeping. So instead, we all stayed up for most of the night, in our respective beds, desperately trying to fall asleep but not quite reaching our goal. Everytime I was about to drift back off into the land of Nod, I was awakened to a gust of wind blowing the blinds above my head till they made that rattling, buzzing noise.... or I woke up to the sound of the toilet flushing downstairs (since, keep in mind, we were all up and roaming freely last night).... but my favorite was when Pat woke me up to tell me he hit me in the face.
Hmmm. Did I wake up when you hit me? (she said) Well, no. (he said) THEN STOP TALKING! (she said sweetly) I believe that this situation warrented an apology only if the injured person were awake. So, after we laughed for a bit, we were finally able to fall asleep, that is, after the 6:30 train went through. Now that we're all thoroughly exhausted, we're going to get a late start at the bathroom and kitchen cupboards. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment