Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Home Depot, AKA Take-My-Wallet-Store

In order to do our bathroom project, we needed to make a Home Depot run. Now, let it be said that I am not against Home Depot, and the 10% off for opening a charge card with them was wonderfully helpful, as were the multiple staff that aided us during our 3 hour trip. Now that is out of the way, how in the WORLD can they justify selling things for those prices?!? I just want a pretty, functional bathroom without having to sell off a few acres of our land to pay for it.
Well, my boy did well for the first 2 hours.... but after the last hour, we were all getting crabby, hungry, and tired. So naturally, he was getting feisty:) But, for the sake of his mother and my parents, he managed to keep from yelling at me as I dragged him from department to department, adding more and more items to our cart (correction: carts). And he even managed to tear apart our old bathroom with a level of decency that makes my heart proud. Good boy, Bubba, good boy. :)

2 comments:

  1. Well let it be said once again that men and power tools bring a level of satisfaction that nothing else can; and what is it with demolition? And let it also be said without a certain amount of grunting; it's not nearly as enjoyable. So today pat is playing with his new father n law's power tools and I beleive he is thoroughly enjoying it so wifey can be proud again today.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO NO NO....THAT LAST COMMENT CAME FROM SHIVONNE'S MOM....EVERYTIME I THINK I HAVE WENT OVER TO MY NAME IT STILL SHOWS UP AS A POST FROM SHIVONNE...SORRY HONEY LETS SEE IF THIS ONE WORKS!

    ReplyDelete