Monday, August 15, 2011

Namaste

    Finally, a day that was fairly stress free! Only one session today, leaving me to accomplish all sorts of paperwork that had accumulated on my desk over the course of the last week. Enjoying my clear desk and calm day, I decided that yoga would be the icing on the cake. And it was. My Sun Salutations rocked and I even managed to master Warrior 3 (well, until I got a charlie horse in my foot, but this is my story and I'll tell it however I want to). Perfectly relaxed, I merged onto the expressway, only huffing slightly when I hit construction (seriously, at 8:30pm?). I made it to the back roads on my way home, and it wasn't until I had to slam on my brakes and swerve to miss the SECOND herd of deer that I realized my stress-free day was feeling a little stressful!
    My heartrate finally returned to normal as I pulled into the driveway. I was excited to see my babies and decided to let them enjoy a quick Puppy Playtime before bed. All was going as planned.... and then the neighbor dog arrived, his male dominance challenging Milo's "male dominance" (although I'm still convinced my dog is batting for the other team, but that's a story for another time). As the fighting began, my calmness not only flew out the window, but it broke the glass into a million tiny shards which I proceded to step on with bare feet. My attempt to divide and conquer fell short as I slipped and spilled through the wet grass in the dark evening. Everytime I grabbed for a dog, it was as if they had rolled in oil (perhaps the combination of rain and dog slobber?), making it impossible to hold on. I chased the fighters and the cheerleaders (yes, the other dogs just ran around, barking, waving their tails like pom poms, and getting in the way) for a good 15 minutes before beating whichever dog I could get my hands on, screaming at the top of my lungs the entire time (my yoga instructor would be so proud). I dragged Milo (and the cheerleaders) back home from the neighbor's yard, cleaned everyone off, and attended to my scratches and severely bruised palm. Thirty minutes later, my heart is still pounding out of my chest and my throat is raw. Can anyone say Namaste?

No comments:

Post a Comment