Saturday, January 29, 2011

Water Woes

It's always an interesting feeling when you're standing in the shower, shampoo in hair, one leg half-shaved, and the water just turns off. I mean, what IS protocol for a situation like this? It's like being in college and the professor is late for class. How long do you wait before calling it a day? Five minutes? Ten? Well, the difference between a college course and the shower is that only in one of these scenarios are you naked, shivering, and getting soap in your eyes.
The first time this happened, the water was off about 7 or 8 minutes before shooting back on (obviously right when I was looking up at the shower head, causing me to actually fall backwards into the shower wall... youtube, you don't know what you're missing). So when the water didn't come back on within 10 minutes today, I decided something was wrong (well, more wrong than usual). Our pump has been fading in and out for a few days now and my husband was in the process of fixing it when he needed a part and had left the pump off while he ran to the store. Luckily, I was able to finish my shower (quickly) after re-starting the pump for a couple of minutes. All I can say is that it will be nice when all of the old things in the house are replaced with new things... ah, to go a week with functioning appliances, water, AND heat? Heaven.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh; will it ever end? Sheesh; you have alot more grace than I do and you have a better sense of humor than I do...lol. I think your going thru all these things just to write this fabulous, very creative and funny blog. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually said to someone that, despite the fact that I explained that we didn't have much water, I bet the first thing my wife will do is throw in laundry and jump in the shower. I also said that she would call me, irate, complaining that what I told her would happen actually happened. Maybe I have psychic powers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Meany, you TOLD me there would be water for when I got home so I could shower. I didn't know that wasn't the case... and I didn't do laundry, I just hadn't showered in a couple days and needed to!

    ReplyDelete