Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Will This Week EVER End?

This has been one of the busiest and most stressful weeks I've had in a while. Long days, lots of crisis at work, and trainings out the wazoo. My partner at works father passed away, which was simply gut-wrenching, especially because she found out about it at work during a meeting. I felt utterly helpless, having only known her for a short time, but completely heartbroken for her. It also reminded me of last year when my own dad had a heart scare and I found out during work. So lots of emotions have been stirred up, needless to say.
On top of that roller coaster is the fact that I had to do all of our back-to-back appointments today by myself. And wouldn't ya know it, my second appointment goes up in flames when I find out he brought 2 knives to school yesterday, tried to slice his mom's tires, and then when he punched his mom during our meeting when she tried to get the RAZOR BLADE FROM HIS HANDS!! So yeah, we restrained him, retrieved the razor, and then he ran away for a while... I'm a GREAT therapist. I also had 3 cancellations...AFTER I drove all the way there for the appointments. And yet, even with the cancelled meetings, I still managed to work an 11 hour shift, only to have to be back in tomorrow at 8 for a 12 hour shift.
Ok. I'm done complaining. My family is alive, I didn't get cut with a razor, and the cigarette smoke will eventually wash out of my hair. Life could definately be worse!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I hate to hear these stories; I'm so sorry about this week and very grateful to the Lord for your safety and your clients safety. Tomorrow may be long but hopefully better; this is our prayer. Love to you and YES you are a wonderful therapist; just alot of extra on your plate w/your partner out right now. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had a long week! However its funny that you mentioned the cigarette smoke because just today I walked out of my client's house thinking "I smell like cigarette smoke and it makes me want to puke!" This week I have had to pull my hair up and hairspray it (I think my wedding was the last time I used hairspray) because there was lice at the head start. Let me tell you, I stayed up one night thinking about how many potential schools I could spread lice to if I were to get it. For some reason, this is my biggest fear of work getting lice. Anyways, I am just rambling. Have a great weekend Shiv! You deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, I BET that's a worry! Giving lice to several different schools and being the blame for tons of kids having to stay home? That's stress right there!

    ReplyDelete