Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Train, Train, Go Away

I think I have finally found the trick to blocking out the trains! (well, at least every other night, and usually only once a night do I hear the train, as opposed to the multiple awakenings from last month.) If we keep the window above our head closed (easier now that it's getting chillier in the evenings) and we turn on our humidifier (which sometimes makes a repetitious sound that makes me have to shut it off... hence hearing the trains on those nights) AND if we turn on Pat's alarm clock that makes ocean noices (waves, wind, sea gulls... although I have to keep it at just the right volume to sufficiently block out the annoying birds but still be able to hear the waves crashing), then.... THEN I can get some sleep..... half the time.
Piece of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment